Discover how to maximize your roster’s potential
– Do you want a better grasp of the different offensive systems you can use, when you should use them, and how best to implement them?
– Do you understand the different phases of offense and how to get the most out of each phase?
– Are you wondering how your offense should differ in serve receive, transition and other situations?
– Do your setters and hitters understand what their responsibilities are on every set?
– Do you have a system in place that allows players to communicate quickly and effectively?
If you’re curious to get into the minds of two of the most experienced volleyball coaches today, John Dunning (Stanford ’01-’16) and Tod Mattox (The Bishop’s School) are here to teach you the inner workings of designing an offense. With a combined 80 years of experience at the high school, club and college levels, John and Tod are ready to help you understand their time-tested strategies for making the most of your roster.
- Offense history, strategy, language, the future of offense
- Developing an offensive philosophy and plan
- Phases of offense (in-system, in-between-system, out-of-system)
- Serve receive offense, situational offense, transition offense
- Different sets and set strategy at each level
- Setter and hitter responsibilities
- Data gathering and communication systems
- Point scoring and minimizing errors at each position
- Group work to help develop an offense at your level
AOC Premium members receive a $25 discount on this workshop, automatically applied at checkout (no code needed).
How to access the workshop
After purchasing, you will find the link to watch the workshop recording under My Dashboard > Clinic Video.
What workshop attendees are saying:
“Absolutely love these learning opportunities. I appreciate John’s methodology of starting from questions. That leadership is really freeing me up to trust my own coaching mindset and gather more information from my staff and team. I can’t say enough good about these, and I hope you offer more!”
“I left very excited to get to work on my upcoming season!”
“Both speakers were great. I could listen to Dunning talk about volleyball all day!”
“I especially liked having people who had lots of experience at both the higher and the lower level of talent where at the highest level you had talent that you were able to recruit and at the lowest level you had to work with whoever walked in the door at the beginning of the season.”
“Loved the option to submit homework and receive council/feedback on it.”
There are no reviews yet.