Versatility is the hallmark of an opposite hitter. Equally adept at offense and defense, opposites must launch powerful attacks, dig hard angle and line shots, act as a backup setter on out-of-system balls, and partner with middles to put up strong blocks.
Becoming proficient at every skill is a challenge that requires a special training regimen. With the Brittany Abercrombie Opposite Training Series, you’ll learn everything you need to know to develop your opposites into point-producing hitters and rally-extending defenders. Inside this comprehensive course, you’ll get 33 information-packed videos covering skill development, technique, footwork, playing strategies and drills—delivered personally by one of today’s best opposite hitters.
- What move to use when the middle blocker is late
- How to defend the cross-court hit and thwart the opponent’s opposite
- When to terminate the rally rather than funnel the ball to defenders
- What to do with balls dug directly to the opposite
- How to use eye sequencing when blocking
- Which actions to take on defense to counter a ‘1’ or a ‘Slide’ set
- What shot to use if the set is too far inside the court
- How to defend against an outside hitter attacking with a ‘Rip,’ ‘Hut’ or ‘2’