Boost Court Performance with Volleyball-Specific Strength Training
Volleyball is a sport where strength and power win matches. To execute quick movements, rapid direction changes, and explosive jumping, an athlete must have a strong lower body. For power hitting, attack blocking and effective digging, a strong upper body is a must. Core strength connects the two, enabling players to transfer power efficiently between legs and arms.
As a coach, you can optimize your team’s performance by developing a customized strength and agility training program. When implemented, you’ll find that, over time, your athletes will jump higher, hit harder, block stronger and move quicker.
They’ll also suffer fewer injuries. As athletes take on more these days—playing multiple sports, participating on school teams, and traveling with elite club programs—it’s vitally important to keep players healthy. A carefully designed performance training program can help players strengthen sport-specific muscles and joints, so they recover faster from workouts and stay in the game… with the added benefit of fewer injuries.
In the Sports Performance Certification, you’ll get access to more than four hours of detailed instruction along with volleyball-specific exercises from Matt Mosebar, a top NSCA Certified Personal Trainer who has worked with some of today’s best up-and-coming volleyball athletes.
- Getting to know athletes and their individual physical needs
- Replicating the movements and forces seen on the court
- Loading volleyball-specific movements in a controlled setting
- Transferring weight room actions to the court
- Fixing biomechanical imbalances
- Understanding training volumes and recognizing signs of overtraining
- Speeding up the recovery process
- Matt’s Training Toolbox: Learn what the master knows. Matt shares key exercise science concepts, training philosophies and physique-building exercises that will help you boost your team’s performance.
- 24/7 “Members Only” Forum : Get feedback and share ideas with fellow coaches. With exclusive 24/7 access, you can ask questions, share stories, and get support whenever you need it. Log in anytime from anywhere
The whole package:
- 4+ hours of sports performance instruction
- 5 core modules
- 20 video lessons
- Transcriptions of each lesson
- “Test your knowledge” quizzes with each module
- “Members only” access to the Sports Performance Certification online forum
- Bonus videos and reference materials through The Art of Coaching Volleyball
- A digital badge for use on your website, social media platforms and other communication vehicles
- A digital certificate you can print, frame and display in your home, office or gym
Karl Wideman (verified owner) –
Great information and a nice feather in a coaches cap. Being able to recognize and prevent muscular imbalances in young athletes is so important to prevent injuries for their future. Not to mention the increased performance of making well rounded athletes.